Do you want to deepen your block printing and repeat pattern skills? Then this 3 part workshop series is for you.
We will be diving into
– Designing a block from idea to sketch (with a repeat pattern in mind)
– Looking into different repeat pattern types and block shapes in detail and how they can be applied to block printing
– Tips and tricks and specific exercises to bring your carving skills to the next level
– Printing repeat patterns
– Color play (working with color in your repeat patterns or block prints in general)
And there will be – of course – be enough time for your questions (as in any of my workshops). As we get to spend 3 evenings (or afternoons or mornings – depending on your timezone) together, you will have time between the workshops to further apply what we talked about in the workshop.
This workshop series is for you
– if you want to bring your block printing skills to the next level
– if you want to get started with repeat patterns or deepen your repeat pattern skills
– even if you have gone through my previous 3hour repeat pattern workshop – we will be going much more into details.
This virtual live block printing workshop series will be held via video call (through the platform Zoom) to best emulate the experience of an in-person workshop. It also gives you the possibilities to directly get answers to your questions and I can give you direct feedback if you decide to work along. We will be spending three times 2 hours together where we will have a specific focus in each of the workshops. Bring your tools to work alongside on a small project or get inspired for your block printing session afterwards.
This is an advanced level workshop – perfect if you have some prior carving and block printing experience or visited one of my workshop before. I will not be covering the basics of block printing such as which tools to use or how to start carving, which I cover in my introductory level workshops “How to get started with Block printing”. In case you want to, I set up the “Intro to block printing” workshop so that you can attend it right before the “Repeat pattern deep dive” series (and you can book the “Intro” workshop as an add on to the workshop series at a reduced cost – please select the add-on option during check out).