This 3-part Deep Dive 2 is a new addition to the Repeat Pattern Deep Dive series and builds upon the first Deep Dive workshop series. This workshop is exclusively for “graduates” of the Deep Dive 1 series.
In this Deep Dive 2, we will take up topics from Deep Dive 1 and deepen them. We will also discuss topics that we might only have lightly touched in the first workshop series and go into more detail. This workshop series will also address questions or open points some of you have shared with me.
In more detail, we will be diving into
– Working with the blocks you already have (print variations/pattern play) and adding onto them
– Curved block shapes – part 2
– Other non-standard shapes (improving blocks/how to make your own block shapes and make them repeat)
– Making multi-block repeat patterns
Deep Dive 2 will again touch all aspects of the block printing skills, and you will be able to level up your block printing skills:
– Designing (repeat) blocks
– Carving skills
– Block printing repeat patterns
– Working with color
And there will be – of course – be enough time for your questions (as in any of my workshops). We get to spend 3 evenings (or afternoons or mornings – depending on your timezone) together. You will have time between the workshops to apply further what we talked about in the workshop: a little bit of (voluntary) homework will also be part of the Deep Dive 2, which you will also be able to share during the workshop sessions and in the workshop hub.
This workshop series is for you
– if you have attended Deep Dive 1 (a pre-requisite)
– if you want further to deepen your repeat pattern and block printing skills.
Workshops will be recorded (in case you need to miss a session) and available as replays in the workshop hub for at least 3 months after the end of the workshop.
Please let me know in case you are looking for an “European morning” session (start 9am CET). I am happy to set one up if there is demand for it.